Get a Free Estimate

Frottage : Faux Painting Techniques

Frottage is a variation of ragging and its effects are quite dramatic. The look you get is slightly rubbed off newspaper on your walls!

Getting Started
Apply the base coat and allow it to dry. Then roll on a glaze mixture made of two parts paint, two parts glaze and one part water.

Stuck to the Wall
Once you've rolled on the glaze, press the newspaper against the wall, smoothing it out.

Allow it to absorb some part of the paint and then peel it off to see your final results!

Hammer Learn some new ways of painting in our home decor forum